Ocusoft Thermal 1-Touch Meibomian Gland Expression
Dry Eye occurs when the eyes do not produce sufficient tears or the tears evaporate too quickly. Without proper treatment, inadequate tears can make daily activities frustrating, affecting your personal and professional life, from reading to watching TV, to driving or working on the computer.
The most common form of Dry Eye is Evaporative Dry Eye. This form results from a shortage of oil in your tears caused by a blockage in your eyelid (Meibomian) glands, leading tears to evaporate faster than normal. This lack of tear oil is often referred to as Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD).
Common Symptoms of MGD:
- Dryness – a constant sandy or scratchy sensation
- Watery eyes (counterintuitive, but a common symptom)
- Sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision that fluctuates throughout the day
- Discomfort in windy or dry conditions
- Difficulty performing visual tasks, such as reading, watching TV and driving
- Inability to wear contact lenses
- Constant use of eyedrops
- Symptoms that worsen late in the day
Patented OCuSOFT® Thermal 1-Touch™ applies heat and gentle pressure to the eyelids releasing lipids from the Meibomian glands. Unlike the traditional warm compress, OCuSOFT® Thermal 1-Touch™ Digi-Lens™ technology is designed with precision to provide instant targeted heat with a temperature that remains constant.
Dr. Wendy Waguespack, O.D. is excited to offer the revolutionary treatment for MGD- Thermal 1-Touch comfortably heats the eyelids and then gentle pressure is applied to clear the blockages in your Meibomian glands, in less than 15 minutes- restoring the normal lipid production, and reducing dry eye symptoms.